Friday, March 2, 2012

Forgotten Project

I do not know how I forgot to post about something I made for two special people.  It took a look of work.  I had an alignment problem with the lids.  Anyway, back in February my cousin's wife and I went to Indianapolis to spend a few days with her family.  We stayed at her sister's home.  Well, the sister's next door neighbor is the sweetest lady ever.  Her name is Willa.  She is an amazing artist.  So, my cousin's wife, Mary and I let her teach us how to paint a picture of mountains with water and snow.  It was like a Bob Ross thing.  Like I said, she is amazing.  I wanted to make her and Mary something to remember it by, so project.  I took some pics and made an explosion box.  I went to Walmart and bought one of the little packs that has mini canvases and easels.  Took a picture and modge podged it onto the canvas to let it have the textured look.  Then put pockets on the sides of the box and put tags inside with more pics.  Then on the last side is the day and info about what we were doing.  The center is the easel.  I do use a sticker pack from Essentials for the paint packs.  How you like them.  I know you are thinking, what does Joelene's picture look like, well, you will just have to get to the end of this post to see.

Boxes:

And when Mary went to open it and it exploded.  She actually jumped. It was great.

Here is a close up of the insides.


Mary has hers, but Willa does not, so no one tell ok!

AND Finally, My ART Masterpiece.
Yes, I did it all myself.
Oh, the file for the explosion box used George.  It was a file that I downloaded off the internet a long time ago.  I am sorry that I do not remember from where or who.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Your talents are many! What a beautiful landscape! The explosion box idea is so creative! Great work on everything!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I am so proud of the painting. Our next trip, she is going to show us how to do a beach scene. I cannot wait.

      Delete

Total Pageviews