Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Another New First

I just finished a new project.  A first, for me.  I made my first diaper cake.  I just have this to say, diapers have a mind of their own.  I do love the way it turned out.  It wasn't what I had in my head, but what usually turns out that way.

I need to back up just a little and give some information.  The diaper cake was for my best friends god daughters reveal baby shower.  The mom and dad and my friend went to the doctor on Thursday and they told my friend the sex.  She got the ultrasound picture and the video.  The mom and dad had to wait till Saturday to find out if they were having a boy or girl.  It was an informal shower.  No presents.  We did play a few games, and took tons of pictures.  I made the decorations and the diaper cake.  The way we revealed the sex was the cake.  The answer to what you are thinking is .........BOY.

The diaper cake was made all from store bought items.  I wanted to cut some cricut things and put on it, but she really hasnt decisioned on any themes yet.  I made two centerpieces, one for a girl and one for a boy.  I also made a banner.  All of these pieces were of course cricut projects.

Here is the finished diaper cake.
 
 
Here are my two centerpieces.  They are made out of salt containers, a trick I learned at a cricut circle meeting.  One centerpiece is for a girl and the other a boy.
 

The baby shower banner turned out great.  It fit so perfect in their archway in there apartment. 

 
I also got Print Shop into the act and made cards for people to fill out for advice for the new parents.
 
 
I also made some cute little cards so when people came in the could vote on if they thought it was going to be a boy or a girl.  Well, the vote was 5 to 3 for a girl.  They were wrong.
 
 

 


2 comments:

  1. Joelene ~ Oh my aren't these the most FABULOUS projects! I LOVE all the details and simply EVERYTHING! I bet these were the hit of the party minus revealing the sex of the baby! CONGRATS to the new parents too! Thanks for such a sweet comment! Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so much fun and I bet they were a hit!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews